10 FRUITS FOR HEALTHY LIVING
2019-04-12 | 296 Views
A healthy, balanced diet consists a variety of different food types that provide adequate nutrients necessary for good health. One type of food needed to maintain a healthy diet is fruits, which are rich in minerals and vitamins. Forget supplements and fancy superfoods, these ten fruits are power packed for a healthier you.
1. Peaches & nectarines: Two small peaches or nectarines have more potassium than one medium banana. Potassium boosts nerves and muscle health. The skins also provide a great source of antioxidants.
2. Pineapple: Regardless of how it's prepared or served, this tropical fruit is chock-full of bromelain, a powerful anti-inflammatory enzyme that reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
3. Grapes: A little grape bulb (preferably red/purple) contains potassium and iron, which help prevent cramps and anemia. Grapes are also proven to be heart healthy and help to prevent heart disease and lower cholesterol levels due to the large amounts of antioxidants like quercetin and resveratrol they contain.
4. Kiwi: This is a low-calorie, high fiber, easy snack that's great for weight loss. Loaded with vitamins C and E, kiwis help protect against cancer and improve optical health.
5. Mangoes: Mangoes are more popular than ever due to their high levels of beta-carotene, which the body converts into vitamin A to promote bone growth and a healthy immune system. Even more, mangoes have over fifty percent of daily vitamin C requirement.
6. Apples: Possibly the lightest on the calorie counter, apples make a great choice for weight watchers. They're also heavy on quercetin, which shield against brain cell degeneration and reduce risk of developing high blood pressure.
7. Pomegranates: As a beverage of choice, pomegranate juice contains at least twice the antioxidant capacity of red wine or green tea, and also sustains energy and controls blood pressure and cholesterol levels, and improves cardiovascular health.
8. Grapefruit: Orange is a great vitamin C source, but you want grapefruits because bigger is better. Half a grapefruit is a vitamin C powerhouse, and also has high levels of fiber, potassium, and vitamin A. Some studies suggest that grapefruit can alleviate the symptoms of arthritis and repair damaged or oily skin and hair.
9. Bananas: A banana makes the perfect grab and go snack, seeing as it's already wrapped. Its potassium and fiber content promote long-lasting energy and keep you alert all day long. Without the fat or salt, bananas are healthier than granola bars or pretzels.
10. Blueberries: Considered as superfoods, the blueberry's vitamin C, anthocyanin and other antioxidants help fight diseases and boost brainpower. According to research, people who eat more blueberries are less likely to develop macular degeneration in later years.