10 REASONS TO ADD LEMON TO YOUR WATER
2019-08-09 | 860 Views
There are many health benefits of lemons, and it is also popular as a cleansing agent. Some classify lemons as a ‘super food’, and that categorization is right for many reasons. Here are 10 reasons you should add lemon to your drinking water.
1. Lemon boost the immune system: Lemons are high in vitamin C and potassium. Vitamin C helps greatly for fighting cold while potassium is good for stimulating brain/nerve functions, as well as controlling blood pressure.
2. Lemon help to balance the body’s pH: Lemon is one of the most alkaline foods around. So, drinking lemon water every day will help reduce your body’s overall acidity. Note that the citric acid in lemon does not create acidity in the body once metabolized. 3. Lemon support weight loss: Lemon contains pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. Some studies show that people who maintain a more alkaline diet lose weight faster.
4. Lemon aid digestion: Lemon helps lush out unwanted materials and this aids the secretion of bile from the liver, which plays an important role in digestion. Efficient digestion also reduces heartburn and constipation.
5. Lemon clear the skin: Lemon water purges toxins from the blood which help keep your skin clear and decreases wrinkles and blemishes as well. Also, lemon extracts can be applied directly to scars in order to reduce their visibility.
6. Lemon freshen your breath: Not only does it give you a fresh breath but it also help to relieve toothache and gingivitis. Note that citric acid may erode tooth enamel, so you should be careful not to drink too much.
7. Lemon relieves respiratory problems: Warm lemon water helps get rid of chest infections and coughs. It’s also helpful for people with asthma and allergies.
8. Lemon relieves stress: Vitamin C is one of the first things depleted when you subject your mind and body to stress; more lemons equal more vitamin C and less stress.
9. Lemon help kick the coffee habit: After a glass of hot lemon water in the morning, your body and mind will be alert, thereby removing the need to stock up on caffeinated coffee.
10. Lemon is a natural diuretic and toxin remover: Lemon cleanses your system the same way it cleans your kitchen. Simply drinking hot lemon water will cleanse the blood, kidneys, bladder, and other organs so that your body can eliminate toxins more easily.
Timing: While lemon water may be taken at any time of the day, it is best to take a glass first thing in the morning. Unlike coffee, which is loaded with diuretic caffeine, lemon water can re-hydrate your body within minutes of consumption.
Add 1 or 2 teaspoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice to a glass or cup of warm water. If the water is either too hot or cold, it may shock your system so early in the morning, so use water that is more or less your body temperature for your lemon water therapy.